Soooo, today held the most crazy display of humanity at work that I have ever seen. To uphold all things HIPPA, that is all I will share with you, but let's just picture me with my jaw dropped to the floor in shock of what I actually witnessed and add to that a headache and stress of colossal proportions. And that was just the tip of the iceberg...
At the conclusion of the torture, I decided to drive by my "old" home to check my mail. En route, I made a detour and went through Michael's Craft Store. Yes, I did it. I went into a craft store!! Actually, this was my second visit to a craft store since Mother's Day. I know, I know, you're shocked, but I thought looking at wedding invitations might make the day better. And I was right! However, no sooner had I driven the 25 minutes to the store did I realize I left my purse at work. Sheesh. But, I dialed David and he and I shopped together for our perfect invitations anyway! We found them...Sale aisle, thankyouverymuch! We are so excited!
With a giddy little look, I took the boxes and put them "on hold". I then traveled the 25 minutes BACK to get my purse (I will never forget my purse again!) and I returned to Michael's to purchase our invites. This was our first joint official wedding purchase!!! Eeeeeeeee! Thank goodness for the sweetest saleslady ever who tolerated my shenanigans...not to mention the best fiance ever who offered to just give the saleslady his credit card number to save me the trip. I love him. I love him the very most.
So we've got the invites, now we just need a date!
Have I mentioned that I love being engaged? Because I DO.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
invitations!? wow!!! so what is the time frame then? (if I may be so bold to ask) Love love to my fave and NEWEST engaged couple!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Kelli -
ReplyDeleteI am a invitation genius (ok, maybe not a genius, maybe just a guru). Anyhow I can help you out if you need anything. I know you said you bought some do-it-yourself ones, but I can layout the text for you or make some sure cool maps... I can even print everything if you want. You can just buy me an ink cartridge or something in return.
Jackie
Dear Jackie. You are AWESOME. We will for SURE be chatting! WOW! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
ReplyDelete