Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Two Weeks!

Wow. It's been two weeks already!!! Have I mentioned yet that I love being engaged? :) It brings with it a whole new world of excitement, and I for one, love it. More than that though, I love that it means I have David for forever. That's the very best part.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was home this weekend for my cousin's graduation party (Yay, Courtney!) and Kyle and Jill's shower (Yay, Jyle! I sooo had to give them a celebrity couple name). I love seeing my family and friends (and I was LOVING that I got a weekend with Teresa, Julie and LMC). As we made the rounds through the parties, other than, "Can I see the ring?" (which of COURSE I was happy to oblige!) the most asked question was, "When and where is the wedding?" With a smile, I would answer, "Sooner than later and we'll probably decide within a week or so!" Which is honestly all we know! :) Well, my aunts, uncles and cousins decided to give us some fun suggestions to help us out in the meantime. Here are the Top 10:

1. Thanksgiving at Niagra Falls. They thought we could cut food costs since everyone will still be full from the turkey. Hahaha. Love it.
2. Vegas
3. Anyplace warm and tropical
4. Anyplace within the Continental U.S. (Aunt Barb has a free plane ticket)
5. Mom and Dad's backyard (Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!)
6. The Modge (Uncle Dave will get a cement floor out of this deal)
7. Columbus, Ohio
8. Connecticut
9. Anyplace Uncle Bill and Uncle Ryan could grill
10. Anyplace Robert could roast a pig

Consensus: I love my family. Thank you to EVERYONE for being so excited for us! It really was so much fun sharing it with everyone. And I promise we'll have a more definite answer for the "where and when" once David and I decide on a location and date, and once we share it with our parents and siblings. :) Speaking of family, I can't wait until school is finished and I can head out East to see David's family and share it with all of them. We haven't been able to see them since being engaged, and I am really looking forward to it.

David is so sick today. It absolutely breaks my heart to not be there. Flu, etc... you name it, he's got it. And to tell you how absolutely amazing he is, he still found the energy to call and tell me he loves me and my family and to wish everyone well at the shower. Reason number #21,958,536 that I love him. So if anyone out in CT happens to be reading this, please pick up some juice, popsicles and crackers and take them with love over to David for me. Please take care of my baby :(

In other news, one of our favorite artists is engaged too! Francesca Battestelli! I like to think we started something. Hahaha, just kidding. Congrats to all the happy couples!

I thought I would leave you with my favorite part of the weekend. As my Great Aunt Theresa (my Grandma's sister) was leaving the shower, she hugged me and said, "Goodbye, Mrs. Turner." LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment