So we decided to wait on making the offer in order to see a few more houses before taking the plunge. :) I think we both feel really good about everything, but we want to make REALLY sure we find "the one." It is so much fun. Really, I think we're both busier than ever, but we're so supported by friends and family and each other that nothing seems out of the ordinary. Getting a job, getting engaged, getting a house, planning a wedding... I always wondered who I would be doing these things with, and now I know that it's with David, my reality is infinitely better than my dreams. God SO knew what He was doing. Ilovemylife.
I went with Kristi today to look at some possibilities for wedding bands and I may or may not have looked at two wedding bands for David!!! We. Are. Getting. Married. WOW. I'm a little annoyed the the salesperson used a METAL rod to check the size of my ring...it looks like there are a few scratchy lines on the inside now. I know it won't stay perfect forever, but seriously, do you not have a fuzzy one of those things? I have a brand new ring, people!!! I didn't even realize it happened until it was happening, so newly engaged peeps, beware and ask only for a fuzzy one. And what's up with cleaning/drying my ring with an gas station-grade paper towel. Do you not have cloths? I digress. Alex didn't really dig the whole jewelry thing. Poor boy. On top of that, he also got dragged around a few girl shops today. I apologized to him and told him when he was older he could stay home with Daddy and do boy things, but for now, he had to go with Mommy and Aunt Kelli so all the ladies in all the stores could adore him. He was basically a celebrity. He rocked out his baby shoes.
I'm going to Auburn tomorrow with Kristi and Joe for our cousin's graduation party and for Jill and Kyle's shower! Yay! I bought a cute new shirt today because I realized in a state of panic while dressing for work this week that I do not have very many presentable summer clothes options. Ok, so maybe the truth is that I do not have very many presentable summer clothes options that FIT me. I must start Shredding. Operationwedding dress look awesome in my honeymoon bikini begins NOW.
This weekend, David is celebrating at a CT party for our June bride, Nina! Congratulations, Nina, we are so happy for you! On Saturday, he's speaking at RPI's graduation and gets to wear regalia and everything. I am incredibly proud and INCREDIBLY sad I have to miss it! It's missing those things that literally makes me want to cry, so I can't think about it too much. I can't wait until we're married. I know people might say it's impossible to be able to be there for everything, even when we're married, but I disagree. If it has my husband or children, I'm telling you right now that I'll walk over fire to be there too. I actually told that to a supervisor many many years ago. She marked me down on my evaluation because I missed a day to visit my Grandpa in the hospital and another day to go home and be with my Mom when she was sick and my Dad was out of town. The supervisor gave me a VERY long lecture about how work comes first, blah blah. Now while I agree that one should be upright and work hard in ALL things, family is first. No substitutions.
I finally visited Dr. Noomie, chiropractor extraordinaire. And then I fell down six wooden stairs 12 hours later. Judging by how I feel, I'll be seeing her again Monday. Dear Kelli, too-long sweatpantns and fuzzy slippers are no match for wooden stairs. Please be smarter next time.
So, to recap, goodbye chips and salsa, hello Zone Bars and running shoes. Pray for the knees. And the waistline. LOL. I once heard Miss Oklahoma 2004 pray this prayer before a meal, "Dear God, please keep this food off my hips. Amen." I love that girl. And just so you know, God listened to her prayer. You should have seen her swimsuit competition.
I went with Kristi today to look at some possibilities for wedding bands and I may or may not have looked at two wedding bands for David!!! We. Are. Getting. Married. WOW. I'm a little annoyed the the salesperson used a METAL rod to check the size of my ring...it looks like there are a few scratchy lines on the inside now. I know it won't stay perfect forever, but seriously, do you not have a fuzzy one of those things? I have a brand new ring, people!!! I didn't even realize it happened until it was happening, so newly engaged peeps, beware and ask only for a fuzzy one. And what's up with cleaning/drying my ring with an gas station-grade paper towel. Do you not have cloths? I digress. Alex didn't really dig the whole jewelry thing. Poor boy. On top of that, he also got dragged around a few girl shops today. I apologized to him and told him when he was older he could stay home with Daddy and do boy things, but for now, he had to go with Mommy and Aunt Kelli so all the ladies in all the stores could adore him. He was basically a celebrity. He rocked out his baby shoes.
I'm going to Auburn tomorrow with Kristi and Joe for our cousin's graduation party and for Jill and Kyle's shower! Yay! I bought a cute new shirt today because I realized in a state of panic while dressing for work this week that I do not have very many presentable summer clothes options. Ok, so maybe the truth is that I do not have very many presentable summer clothes options that FIT me. I must start Shredding. Operation
This weekend, David is celebrating at a CT party for our June bride, Nina! Congratulations, Nina, we are so happy for you! On Saturday, he's speaking at RPI's graduation and gets to wear regalia and everything. I am incredibly proud and INCREDIBLY sad I have to miss it! It's missing those things that literally makes me want to cry, so I can't think about it too much. I can't wait until we're married. I know people might say it's impossible to be able to be there for everything, even when we're married, but I disagree. If it has my husband or children, I'm telling you right now that I'll walk over fire to be there too. I actually told that to a supervisor many many years ago. She marked me down on my evaluation because I missed a day to visit my Grandpa in the hospital and another day to go home and be with my Mom when she was sick and my Dad was out of town. The supervisor gave me a VERY long lecture about how work comes first, blah blah. Now while I agree that one should be upright and work hard in ALL things, family is first. No substitutions.
I finally visited Dr. Noomie, chiropractor extraordinaire. And then I fell down six wooden stairs 12 hours later. Judging by how I feel, I'll be seeing her again Monday. Dear Kelli, too-long sweatpantns and fuzzy slippers are no match for wooden stairs. Please be smarter next time.
So, to recap, goodbye chips and salsa, hello Zone Bars and running shoes. Pray for the knees. And the waistline. LOL. I once heard Miss Oklahoma 2004 pray this prayer before a meal, "Dear God, please keep this food off my hips. Amen." I love that girl. And just so you know, God listened to her prayer. You should have seen her swimsuit competition.
I loveMYlife I love you so much and I CANT WAIT to marry you!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better from those lame stairs!