Saturday, August 15, 2009

More Catching Up

So on to my next to "writing points"... only two more to go after this installation!

On Sunday morning of last week, David, being the amazing fiance that he is, took on the task of packing the things from my bedroom plus a billion other necessities into my 2001 Grand Am. I was washing sheets and cleaning the bathroom and packing odds and ends and when I was done, I could not believe my eyes. He. Fit. It. ALL. In. The. Car. There was literally no room left. We actually rolled down the window to put in my bathroom scale at the very end. I was SO impressed. He told me he was a master Tetris player, but this was beyond master level. He also told me he sang the Tetris song while packing for inspiration. :) We left Oxford, MI, around 1:30 on Sunday and drove and drove and drove.

Which brings me to my next point... We found the most amazing travel food! We couldn't bring any food with us since the car was packed to the brim, but we stopped at a Cracker Barrel and got take out. Seriously, if you are traveling, this is the way to go! We were SO excited to discover this. The take out trays are awesome and completely easy to use in the car, even for the driver. AND, the best part of all is that we put our order in and it was ready by the time we were out of the bathroom. It was the best discovery of the whole trip. It will probably change our road trips forever.

I'm now safe and sound in my new home in CT and I'm loving it. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends like crazy -- sometimes I can't even think about it -- but I love being here too. And as much as my "old" life was wonderful and will always go with me no matter where life takes me, this "new" one really does feel perfect. I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I am very very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I have the BEST fiancee in the world!!! Gosh I love having you here just a smooch away =)

    ReplyDelete