Dear friends.
Confession: I actually DO enjoy working out. Specifically, I love running. And lifting. Last summer, as my sister and I were running our tails off, she would often say, "I wish I had a bike. Bikes are so cinchy." We would dream about how we would coast on our bikes, letting the wheels spin for us while getting a nice breeze...ahh. Since I love running, but it does not contain those "appealing" elements, I wholeheartedly agreed, and that has since been our mantra during hard running workouts.
David shares with me his grueling road and mountain bike adventures, which I always tease him and say, "That is so cinchy." He laughs every time, thank goodness. I, however, have discovered that when I go biking, it is not at ALL cinchy. Bikers everywhere have fooled me. So now, I have a new slogan... when anyone else bikes, it is cinchy, and when I bike, it very very hard.
Which brings me to spinning. I have 86 days to look fabulous for my wedding, and since shredding my knees in January, well, let's just say I have a lot of work to do with limited activities. David encouraged me to try spinning at the gym. I did. I wanted to die. Yet strangely, I am going back. Did you ever do an activity in which every fiber in your body was burning, your brain wanted to pop out of your head and sweat poured out of every part of your body and then you WENT BACK? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Biking is cinchy. Biking is cinchy. Biking is cinchy. Le sigh.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment