In tackling my "to write" list (see previous post), I've decided to start with the Nuptials of the Baby Bro. Wednesday the girls got pedicures, which was so so fun, and then Kristi, Mom and I stole our almost-Talicska Jilly for some delicious treats at Uno's! (By the way, the peanut butter cup dessert there is AMAZING!). Thursday was Hall Decorating, where Kristi and I mastered the tuling and our boys did a terrific job with the mirrors. Then it was shopping for odds and ends and the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner... which was held at Kokomos! So so fun. Greg and Joette know how to throw a party! There was cake and pizza and pop and silly string and roller coasters and bumper boats and race cars and laser tag and mini golf! We got soaked and sweaty and it was a BLAST! (Sidenote: As a gift, Jill gave all of the bridesmaids a Bible with our names... mine said "Kelli Turner!" I squealed, then I cried. :)). Friday was the wedding and it was absolutely beautiful! Kyle was so handsome (of course his big sisters cried) and Jill looked gorgeous and everyone was there and it was just PERFECT. The reception was also super fun and so so creative! Matt and Lauren, the last Talicska couple to get married, did a SUPER job on the "Talicska Toast" (more on that another time), there was a pinata, sparklers and lots and lots of family, friends and dancing. David did a fabulous job learning and dancing the Gator. I was so proud of him :) I also loved LOVED showing him off to everyone :)
This would be a good time to tackle my next "to write" point... aka, "Dave's and my new 'beverage'." So, Kyle and Jill had Betta Fish in the mix of their centerpieces. When Dave and I got done collecting the used sparklers from the guests after Kyle and Jill's departure, we came in to see "to go" coffee cups on the table by the door (think Starbucks-style cups with lids). Knowing that Dave LOVES coffee and that he was so tired from all his travels and work, I excitedly exclaimed, "Look, honey, Kyle and Jill have coffee to go! What a great idea for a parting gift!", and proceeded to hand him a cup. I took my own cup, took a sip, and said, "Wow, this tastes kinda funny, try it." So Dave took a sip and also looked quite puzzled. I then took a giant gulp and said, "Hmmm, maybe it's tea?" Just as Dave was about to take another sip to test my tea theory, Aaron, one of the groomsmen, walked up holding two more cups. As he set them on the table next to the others, I said, "Aaron, what's in these?" To which he nonchalantly said, "Oh, those are the fish" ...
Um, yeah. We drank the fish. The rest of the night was spent laughing and gagging at the disgustingness (yes, that is a word in this case) of it all. How we missed THAT memo I do not know.
More to come...
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It should be noted that until yesterday when I blogged the same word and spell check corrected me, I thought 'nuptials' was spelled 'nuptuals.' Stupid phonetics.
ReplyDeleteAnd, until I bought the food for the fishies that Joey brought home after said nuptIAls, I thought it was 'beta'. Correction: it's 'betta'. Weird, right?