Friday night... amazing date with my fiance in a HURRICANE!!! (Not really, but sorta). David laughed so hard when he saw the look on my face and realized that being from Michigan, I have never BEEN in a hurricane. Or in this case, "pre" hurricane storms. Yikes! So so funny. We attempted to go to the gym but ended up talking until 1:00 in the morning. It is so cool being engaged to your best friend.
Saturday... our morning was filled with something fun that I am not at liberty to say yet. (Crazy Sidenote: Dunkin Donuts (which is all the rage out here) has iced tea that is, at best, mediocre. I've decided to rate iced teas). We then went to the gym but were SO hungry that we were absolutely giddy. We decided to take a hiatus from the gym and went to Stop and Shop (grocery store) where we had the deli guy make us some sammiches. We ate those yummy sammiches on a bench and then PROCEEDED to giggle our way through a workout. The food did not help. It was hilarious. I think people thought we were crazy. We then spent the rest of the night at Panera and Starbucks, planning our wedding and looking at pictures of "old times"!!! It was awesome.
Sunday... David went for a bike ride and did some work and I relaxed/did some work. I went to his house at about 6:00 and he had an invitation for a DATE waiting for me on the table! He took me to Stew Leonard's for gelato and grocery shopping, which is one of my FAVORITE things to do here. Seriously. It is so fun. We then made some sauerkraut and sausages (which was hilarious trying to figure out how long to boil the meat) and David did work and I read our wedding book (Love and Respect) because HE ALREADY STARTED IT! He really is amazing. We talked about the book, talked with his roommate and just had the best time hanging out. Did I mention that while I was reading, and as he took breaks from work, David typed up our registry and amended our "to do" list? He is truly an amazing partner. I am so blessed.
I love my life.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment