Friday, August 21, 2009

Always Learning

Over the past few weeks, I have really been learning and thinking a lot about marriage. That seems very logical, considering I AM getting married in three months, but I guess in some ways, I didn't really know if God had marriage for me, so I never really thought super hard about the nitty gritty before now. But ever since God brought David and I together, and as I continue to think about my marriage to him, so many things take me by sweet surprise... like how excited I get knowing that I get him for the rest of his or my life. Or how excited I get when I think that I get to take care of him and make dinner and do laundry and cry with him and laugh with him and figure stuff out with him...even the really hard stuff! I know, I know, those of you who know me I'm sure are scratching your heads right now about the dinner and laundry part, but really, it feels great! I sometimes catch myself smiling as I go about my day, and it's always because of this amazing invention God made called marriage. I honestly am discovering things I never knew existed.

Tonight David and I had some great time to talk after church. It just confirmed for the millionth time that I am marrying the most amazing man. He knows me beyond myself. My parents said I didn't come with a manual. I actually think I DID...God just gave it to David :)

No comments:

Post a Comment