I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow! Woo hoo! Baby's foot is still planted lovingly under my right rib. If I tap in that general area, it feels like it is numbed by Novocaine, and yet it still feels of searing pain. That is so incredibly strange to me!
Other than that, I'm doing great! I get bouts of extreme tiredness, but I'm walking better and feeling healthy overall. I had a work-related injury on Friday, but I am happy to report that it is healing nicely. David is very, very sick right now, so he's quarantined in our room. I've had to go in a few times and take him food, drinks, check the temp, etc., and I feel like I'm walking into a hot vat of germs. E-yuck. BUT, the Clorox Wipes are going full force around here, as is hand-washing and our large, large tub of Germ X hand sanitizer, so we should be good. Poor David.
Today I went to Church by myself (not so fun, but GREAT service!) and then went to Wal-Mart and Big Y (grocery store) for some essentials. Let me just say that frequenting stores on Sunday afternoon is not my idea of awesome. I usually do my shopping later at night but found out today that on Sunday, everything is packed and people are generally crabby. I scored two terrific parking spots, however, so that was a bonus and minimized the crabbiness of others.
I came home and sanitized the place and then whipped up a Crock Pot of goodness (seriously, I even used onion and celery!). I then proceeded to cut the pounds upon pounds of carrots and celery that were in our fridge. David decided they were a super good deal last week. I agree, they were, but we're eating carrots for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of our lives! Ok, so I may be exaggerating a tad, but 5 pounds of carrots is a lot! I am taking a quick computer break now and then I'm off to haul the garbage/recycling to the road. Let it be known that I have never done this, but David is really in no condition to be outside. Plus, I'm going for "Wife of the Year" today :)
Additionally, I think I will work on some more thank-you cards, get the breast pump (TMI?) ready to go and install the car seat. After that I think I will do some school-related work and eat my delicious Crock Pot meal. Not bad for a day's work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Talking about your breast pump is not even close to a TMI! lol you're so funny. and so so close!
ReplyDelete