Whew, they were NOT kidding when they said Trimester 3 would be harder. I'm getting very slow with lots of creaks and pains. Weight-bearing on my hips has gotten better, thanks to some excellent chiropractic moves and God's goodness. As I go throughout my day, I can now literally feel the energy drain from me. I fetch a new set of kids at work every 1/2 hour, and each time, it gets harder and harder to get up and move...but thank goodness it forces me to! Yesterday, Baby kicked me so hard I really felt like throwing up. Sorry if that was TMI, but WOW I didn't see that coming! The lower abdominal cramping is getting more painful and stupid me pulled a muscle lifting something too heavy. Duh. On Sunday, I basically cried most of the day (hahaha... it is actually funny to look back on) and last night I felt awful.
BUT...
If these are the things we must endure to bring into the world a most precious and perfect gift from God, BRING IT ON! I now understand how Moms say they would do anything for their children. We are so blessed to have this incredibly healthy Baby and pregnancy and I know I have it SO incredibly easy compared to many women. So please know I am NOT complaining... only documenting and sharing! My hat is off to ALL Moms... those who have endured the physical pain of bringing a child into the word through pregnancy and labor and those who have endured the emotional pain of waiting for a child to be brought into their hearts and homes forever through adoption.
I was thinking the other day about what it has been like to not know the gender of Baby. Every time someone found out the gender of their baby, I wanted to know ours even more, and David too! But now, at this stage of the game, I am SO glad (and giddy, even!) that we don't know what we're having. The excitement makes it so much fun.
David gave me a very kind husband talk last night about getting more sleep, and I love that he is SO supportive. However, I can't get more sleep! Hahaha! If I go to bed late, I'm super tired the whole next day, but if I go to bed even a little earlier, I can't sleep through the night! I wish I got a mid-day siesta. That would fix it all! My Grandpa used to take siestas. I remember him out on the hammock or sitting upright in his green metal chair, sleeping away. He was such a smart man :)
Baby is moving SO much and I love it. Even the super hard kicks are kinda funny after they hurt :) We found out from our 34-week ultrasound that Baby pulls his/her feet up to his/her hands CONSTANTLY to play! It was so fun to watch and I was so excited because I couldn't really figure out the movements I was feeling and after seeing Baby move on the screen, that is TOTALLY what I feel!
I can't WAIT to see Baby's face. That being said, "Hang on Baby, for at least 2 more weeks!". We haven't really been able to see much of the face from ultrasounds, and David was awesome and even tried to score a 3-D ultrasound. He gets a zillion points for trying, but no such luck on the 3-D.
My Mom sent me the BEST present yesterday in the mail. First of all, I love getting things in the mail. LOVE. I especially enjoy getting things from my Mom because I know how much she hates mailing things. Yesterday, I was cashed-out on the couch when David got home and gave me a package from Mom! Inside was a pair of socks (for me) and a pair of booties for Baby! They are so pretty, and they aren't just any booties... they're the booties SHE made for ME while she was on bedrest with me, praying for me the whole time!!! I just LOVE them and they will be packed for the hospital for sure!
Ok, going to try and go back to sleep now... :)
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awe, this is a fantastic post! The image of Uncle Andy sleeping in his green chair made me smile. I'll be he even does that in heaven. And I'm SO HaPPY your mom sent you special booties because I was going to make you some, but, uh, I kind of doubt your baby's foot will be 5". It was a very bad bootie!
ReplyDeleteMetal green chair! LOVE!
ReplyDelete