Friday, January 14, 2011

Blast From the Past

I found this piece that I wrote two years ago on one of those Facebook things. I thought it was super fun so I'm re-posting! :)

25 things about myself....

1. I love monkeys. Spider Monkeys and cute monkeys only. Not the mean ones who yank at my pants and try to get the eggs out of my pockets. I'm just saying. And yes, that has happened to me.


2. When I was in 5th grade, I used to think all the boys in Florida played ping pong for fun. I used to secretly practice ping pong in my Grandparents basement before our family trip to Disney... you know, just in case any boys wanted to play once I arrived.


3. Growing up, Alf lived in our bathtub. I cannot prove this to others, but I closed the shower curtain at night just in case I had to get up and go to the bathroom. Alf living in our bathtub sort of creeped me out.


4. I once had an unfortunate accident at a birthday party during a mean game of Hide and Seek. I had the best hiding spot in the world and had to give it up because my bladder wasn't cooperating. Mom and Dad were out of town and so I had to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and face the laughter of their card party friends. And yes, I carried my red, elastic-waisted pants home in a baggie.


5. Mom would not allow me to "french cuff" those red, elastic-waisted pants.


6. "Teen Wolf" gave me nightmares. That wolf thing was creepy. It is becoming quite 
obvious to me now that hairy creatures on TV were not really my idea of fun (see #3).


7. I performed a concert in honor of King Kamehameha at 1 am while standing atop a hotel bed. My parents pretended to not be amused, but I know they were.

8. I had a very cool pink two-wheeler bike with a banana seat. I decided to learn how to turn on two wheels around the kiddie pool in our driveway. Poor kiddie pool.


9. I have only cut the grass one time in my life. Apparently Dad doesn't ask you to do it again if you drive the riding lawn mower into the muddy field. Interesting.


10. Orange is my favorite flavor. Green is my favorite color. For a while, my favorite color was pink.



11. I have always adored words. And grammar. They're just ain't know substitute. 

12. My goldfish, Mario, was a superhero. Truly. He is probably still living in the septic field.


13. I had a puppy for one day. I returned him.


14. I once sang "A Moment Like This" and tried to do sign language simultaneously. This did not turn out well for me. Not well at all.


15. I recently learned how a well works. I would bet that a lot people are also very misled on this topic. Please ask around and let me know.


16. I once dressed up as "Elle Woods" and went to the movie theater for the opening day of "Legally Blonde Two". (See #10). "Don't worry, Bruiser, everyone will love you."


17.Nowadays, I can never remember what kind of meat I like at various restaurants. Usually Joe has to help me with this.


18. I love garage sales, aka "junk sales". I also love raffles.


19. I once had to buy a swimsuit at Ben Franklin because I didn't have one to wear to a pool party. I was told it was slimming. This was probably not true.


20. There was a time in which I wore a specific pair of windpants while traveling. I do not know why this is, but first they were pink, then they were blue. Now they are black yoga pants from Old Navy. Kyle loves this.

 
21. "Pinocchio" also creeped me out. 


22. I loved Fluppy Dogs. "Fullllllluppies!"


23. I typically read the beginning of books and the end of books. I think this stems from my days of reading "The Babysitters Club." You know how they always used to re-introduce all the girls in EVERY book???? Skip, skip, skip. 


24. Usually my hairdressers cut one side of my hair shorter than the other. I have no idea why this is, or why no one else can see it, but I know it happens. 


25. When I permed my hair in second grade, I secretly wanted people to call me Heather. 

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! When I was in fifth grade I told my mom that I wished she had named me something "normal" like Jessica or Jennifer. Now I'm so glad she didn't.

    ReplyDelete