Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2:00 a.m.

I'm up again! It is really my own fault since I went to bed at oh, 7:00 p.m., and I know full well that in this last Trimester, I'm only able to sleep for 6-7 hours at a time! I just could not stay up any longer. In fact, I almost fell asleep at school while going to the bathroom, so in hindsight, I should have gone to bed sooner! I feel a thousand times better than I did 6 hours ago, so it was a good call. Yesterday was pretty rough. I'm getting weary of lurching my large body away from scratching and biting children. I love them with all my heart, but I'm just not as fast as I used to be, nor do I have as much energy.

I thought maybe last night was the night! I felt terrible and was super crampy with some new little abdominal pains, but no such luck! Which is fiiiine by me, since everyone in my life seems to be sick and we need some healthy people around this Baby. Praise God that He is keeping me safe from all of it.

I'm so glad Baby made it to February! I was secretly hoping and praying for a February Baby. I honestly don't know why that is, it was just something in my heart. That and and also because I got the cutest necklace from my friend, Lauren, that has all our birthstones on it (including February for Baby) and I love the colors together. Indeed, I can now officially say that we are having a FEBRUARY BABY! I figured we were pretty safe with a due date of the 14th, but you never know!

We are getting a whopper of a snow and ice storm in the next few days. I love this because it means more time at home, but I don't love it because school is less germy than home :) I also am super worried about our roof. David was able to get up there and clear half of it off before he got sick, but the gutters are still packed with ice and the other half of the roof is still snowy. Apparently, roof clearing was very recommended before this storm. About a zillion people haven't done it, but still, I'm more from the "better safe than sorry" side of the coin.

In other news, David has been devouring his "Daddy Books" in the time he has not been able to devour physical food. It is fun to watch him read them and get all excited. I'm comforted to know that at least a few people (David, our Doula and the Hospital Staff/Docs) will know what they're doing! LOL. I actually think BABY knows more than I do about this whole birth thing, but I'm just gonna go with it...

I'm starting to feel woozy, so it might be time to finish off this cereal and try to go back to sleep. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. We were excited about having a February baby, too. I like the birthstone, and Brett liked the fact that nobody else on either side of the family has a February birthday (And they still don't). However, Mia and God had their own plans. :) I am so happy that you have made it full term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nephew born in February and it's the best part of the month. Aaaannddd...falling asleep at work? Been there! I fell right to sleep on the bean bag in my reading corner during my prep time! Got your note in the snail mail. You're a sweetie. Enjoy your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. February babies are the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete