Friday, February 25, 2011

mybrestfriend

Today we're going to chat about breastfeeding. Well, we're actually going to chat about making breastfeeding better, which honestly, I've come to discover, has GOT to be every nursing mother's quest.

Every time we went to 'Babies R Us' during pregnancy, David would pass by this pillow called "mybrestfriend" and swear to me that we needed it and that I would be so glad we got it. Each time, I would say, "No, that's okay. I already have a Boppy and Boppy covers and love them. Totally good." Each time, he persisted, and each time, I denied.

I should have listened.

After two weeks of struggling with the Boppy and pillows galore, after two weeks of a sore back and other sore body parts, David went and got me my very own "mybrestfriend." Oh. My. Goodness. Heaven on EARTH! Little Samuel was looking at me like, "Mom, what's going on here?" and every inch of my body was like, "Ahhhhh." It was awesome.

And so, I patted David on the back and I am blogging about this experience at his request. Hahaha! He likes to call himself my "LC" (lactation consultant), and honestly, he's actually very good at it. Props to David, and props to mybrestfriend. Mr. Boppy, I still love you and will use you in a few months for sitting and bottle feeding, so stay strong!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you found the my brest friend love. we joke about that pillow all the time (best name ever). i tell every new mom who will listen that they HAVE to have one. when i had my first daughter (over eight years ago! sigh) they had one in the hospital i was in. i velcroed it on (they hadn't switched to buckles yet) and knew i had to have one. i have used it for all four of my babies now. our poor boppy has been relegated to tummy time duty ever since. i don't know why i didn't get rid of it years ago!

    (i hope breastfeeding is going well for you! i know it can be difficult to get the hang of it sometimes. good thing you have a supportive lc/hubby around. ;)

    ReplyDelete