First of all, Friday at 6pm was NOT coming fast enough. Why, you ask? Because my sister, mom, and nephew arrived from Michigan! They drove straight through the wee hours of the morning and all day to see me. I could hardly contain myself! I cried (of course) when they pulled up and couldn't wait to get them out of the car. Mom practically handed Alex out the window to me, which I appreciated very, very much! :) We unloaded the car and chatted and went to dinner at First and Last Tavern... YUM! (Note: I am very bad at feeding babies cereal.) After dinner, mom and Kristi spoiled David and I with all sorts of Michigan and Fall presents! I cannot WAIT to use them!
Saturday was sort of a gloomy, rainy day, but we made the most of it! We did some touring of the greater Farmington Valley, including my schools and lots of fun places I like to visit. We went down to David's igloo, I mean, apartment :) to say hi and to feed Alex and then we went to Stew Leonard's (grocery store extraordinaire)!!! It was SO fun! I loved showing them my favorite store and Alex went through his first hay maze and even petted a cement cow :) (Work with me here, it was raining!). We went to the West Farms Mall and then to Old Wethersfield for dinner with David, his parents, and sister! I had totally forgotten that they all hadn't met, and it was a great time!
Sunday was a secret trip, then church and then our shower! I would just like to say that sitting in church next to your fiance with your nephew on your lap and your mom and sister next to you in your new state is really awesome (Oh, and to add to the perfection, we were drinking Starbucks too!). The only thing that would have made it better is if everyone could have been there with us! OH...I would also like to add that when your five-month-old nephew starts singing along with the children's joy choir, your heart will melt into a million pieces. Best. Thing. Ever.
After church, Mom and Kristi drove me down to unveil the surprise for the shower Mom Turner and Sarah threw for us... Mexican Style!!!! I ADORE Mexican! It was so much fun. All of David's family and our friends from Mosaic were there, and we were spoiled rotten! People from Michigan even sent stuff! We were blown away by everything and had such a great time with everyone. David's mom shared a beautiful devotional with everyone and we played lots of fun games and a version of "The Newlyweds." I am happy to report that we were rock stars at that game! Yay, us! Hahaha. Thank you, Antoinette and Sarah, and our family and friends for such wonderful memories! We are incredibly blessed. We LOVED our shower and we cannot WAIT to be married!
After the shower, Mom, Kristi, Alex and I headed back to Laurie's for the night and to pack them up for their trip home. We had some ice cream and a visitor! David! He came to cuddle with Alex (most adorable, wonderful thing to see) and after the ladies went to bed, he gave me the most beautiful card and engraved picture album. You see, our shower day was ALSO one year to the day that we officially started talking! Even though we were matched earlier, we "count" October 4th as "the day." David bought the picture album to use for our first year of pictures as memories. Of course, I cried and cried, and Alex looked at us like, "Um, guys, remember me?" So, we rocked him some more and fed him and changed him and kissed him to bed and then David left for the night ONLY after we laughed and laughed at how cute Alex is when he sleeps!
So then it was just me and the little guy. I eventually fell asleep and Mom and Kristi and Alex left at 4am. Yipes. I will see them in 5 days, so that helped a lot with the sad part. Still, work was tough. I think the whole "I've moved away" hits me in stages. I love my life out here and I'd cross the galaxy for David, but sometimes I wish God had made Michigan and Connecticut a liiiitle closer :)
What a FABULOUS weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like you had a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh, Kelli ... I love this post! I know how exciting/bittersweet it was when we went out to Wisconsin to visit Brooke & Justin for the first time, so I can't imagine how you felt to have Kristi and your mom (and Alex) see your new 'world.' And the goodbyes, I must say - never get easier - but the 'hellos' get sweeter every single time!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had a great weekend and fun shower!! I canNOT wait to see you on Saturday!
P.S. I wish CT was closer too :)
I would like to concur w/ Jamie--I wish it was Saturday already!!! You're in store for a fabulous time! :)
ReplyDelete