So the guys surprised David with a bachelor party, and they did it in complete MAN STYLE! And let me tell you, it was AWESOME. I took David out for breakfast on Saturday, "tricking" him into thinking we were going on a day-long date of adventures. After breakfast, I had him close his eyes and I drove him to our new house where the guys were waiting to surprise him! They brought their tools, their skills, their love and they worked on our house ALL DAY LONG in the POURING RAIN... I'm not kidding you! I think they took a break only to grab a slice of pizza for lunch! There were guys ripping up carpets and fireplaces, guys ripping out cupboards, guys fixing the roof and the gutters, guys trimming hedges (yes, in the rain!), guys ripping out sidewalks, guys powerwashing the house and deck, guys ripping out staples from the floor, guys cleaning out the shed, guys ripping out old window coverings, guys pulling out the ceilings, guys washing and priming, guys scraping and washing windows, guys sanding railings, guys taking off outlet covers... there's probably a dozen other things I'm forgetting. It was like Extreme Home Makeover, Farmington edition. After all their hard work, they spent a night playing pool and spending time with David, which was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
David gave me a tour of the house on Sunday and WOW! I'll admit, at first I was shocked (LOL...it was a serious man zone!). Shock quickly turned to happiness and happiness turned to overwhelming feelings of thanks as everything unfolded. I couldn't turn a corner without exclaiming, "David! They did (insert job here)!!!!" Seriously, they did EVERYTHING. Before the bachelor party, at the request of the organizers extraordinaire (Doug and Jonathan), I put together a list of jobs David and I wanted to get done, and I'm not kidding you, the guys did EVERYTHING on the list PLUS MORE! Every time I looked at something last night, I couldn't help but smile. Our house was a beautiful gift from David, and now when I look at it, I see not only a beautiful gift, but the faces of all the people who made it our home. I'm getting all teary just writing this. It was such a labor of love.
When we bought our house, we prayed that it would be filled with people and love. I think it's amazing that God literally filled it, and used His people, our friends, to pour love into every wall, floor and surface. No matter where I look, I will always see their handiwork and smile. I told David it's like a giant hug in our house.
Thank you, everyone!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PICTURES!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH! IT WAS AMAZING and SUCH a BLESSING!I have not even gotten to read this yet, but I had to comment just from seeing the title haha =) I have the best fiancee =D
ReplyDelete