Friday, July 24, 2009

Revisiting a Promise

I have had an unspoken need to buy a lot of new books lately. Three in the past two weeks, to be exact. (I'm sorry, David... :( I'll save better in the next two weeks, I promise.). As I was in the Christian Bookstore today, itching to buy book after book, it was pressed on my heart that it's not a perfect book I'm after, but rather a fulfilling of an unfulfilled chapter.

They say when you put something into words, it sets it into motion. I am using these words, here today on this blog, set my work into motion. I have promised God for years that I would write my book. The book He gave me. And this time, I intend to do it.

I don't intend to do it for myself or for anyone else. I don't intend to do it for any other reason except for the reason that God wants me to.

This is my "verbal" promise to God and to His glory and my petition for your help. I ask that you please pray for me. Pray that His words be written and that it is all Him and none of me. Pray that this time, I am shielded from distractions and excuses. Pray that this time, I finish.

Once my computer's up and running online, I'll be posting some new devotionals (and some old) to warm up my "words". No worries, I'll still keep updating our Connecticut adventures and my crazy stories of life. :)

Thanks for reading, and God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of you! My heart is just singing with joy! This time you WILL finish. This time you WILL be shielded from distractions and excuses. This time it WILL be done. And I just cannot wait to see it all unfold! What a beautiful journey it will be dear friend! And know that I'll be there to help support you each step soul sista'!!!!

    And...YAY for new and old devotionals! I have missed them! :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete