On Friday morning, I readied and dropped off mounds of paperwork at my new school. David took a half day to meet me there and we packed the car and headed to Kohl's. (Told you I would give them my business! I am loyal to kindness!). It took us exactly 3 minutes to find my "fake" ring and purchase it... for only $7.09. It was so much fun. But, on the notsofun side, that meant I have to send my real ring back to be fixed and fitted. I had avoided this for as long as possible and I still do NOT like the idea of parting with it. Le sigh. We left Kohl's (no Mary sighting), and headed to the airport... I was off for a quick jaunt to Michigan.
Um, yeah. About the "quick jaunt". I left Hartford at 1:25 and landed in Philly around 3ish. My next flight was supposed to take off at 5:45. We didn't even BOARD until 7 and then we sat on the runway behind FORTY other planes for well over an hour because of the rain and storms. I finally made it to Michigan somewhere at or after 11...yay! Kristi and Joey and Alex, mysupercutenephewandgodson, picked me up. I ate dinner in the car (thanks, Susan!) and snuggled with Alex. When we got home, Kristi and Joe gave me (and David) their old camera! I was so surprised and just have to say that I the best sister and brother-in-law EVER! I slept, went to the Doctor Saturday morning and was off to Auburn for Grandpa's surprise party set-up. Whew.
We set up for the party and then attended Dana's graduation party (Yay, Dana!). It was fun seeing my Bay City peeps. (Tut tut, Mike Bee-bee!) After the party, we headed back to Auburn, though we were there for but a smidge... you see, Kristi offered an amazing field trip opportunity. Read about our destructive decisions here.
Sunday was Grandpa's party! He was so excited, he cried and everything. I love crying parties. It was great to see that side of my family. As if the craziness of a party wasn't enought, amidst it all, David and I put an offer on a house! We found out last night it was rejected, but David is busy scurrying around to make sure that we evaluate everything again and make a good decision about making another offer (if we decide to do that). I'm so blessed he takes care of us the way he does.
Now I'm awake and trying to get my brain around being back in Michigan. You wouldn't think all the back-forth would be hard, but it sorta is! xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment