Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Mary at Kohls.

I was at Kohl's this morning. Yes, Kohl's. I know what you're thinking -- and I know I have repeatedly stated how I do not like Kohl's whatsoever; however, I have had a change of heart. You see, Kohl's now carries Vera Wang AND the Kohl's here is two stories tall. Which means it is not cluttered or claustrophobic...both of the reasons why I typically do not like Kohls.

Anyhoo, I needed a new black purse so I sifted through those for a while. I didn't like any of them after I modeled the runners-up in the mirror, so I meandered around the sunglasses. I didn't find a pair of those either, even with Kristi's help via picture messaging. I debated getting David a new black belt, but I know he would tell me his is fine for now, so I headed to the perfume counter.

I have worn "Ralph Cool for Her" for YEARS. I'm talking YEARS, as in, I don't even remember when I started wearing it, it was so long ago. This past year, they changed the "formula" for my beloved perfume. It. Now. Smells. Terrible. Like a rotten orange, and seriously, who wants to smell like that?! SO, since Christmas, I have been scentless and searching for a new perfume. Saaaaaaaaaaad.

I have been to Somerset to WalMart to every place in between. I have tried Burberry and Jessica Simpson and Hilary Duff (yuck, don't try hers) and more Ralph and Nautica and Calvin Klein and... you get the point. I try every perfume everywhere just hoping to have some luck. Anyway, as I was sniffing reeking bottle upon reeking bottle today at Kohl's, I was more convinced than ever that I would never find the perfect perfume. I let out a small sigh.

Just then, a sales associate appeared from out of nowhere! (Actually, she was stocking makeup prior to noticing me and my sigh, but my first statement seemed more dramatic.). "Can I help you ma'am?" She asked so so nicely, but inwardly, I groaned. It wasn't a mean groan, I just am one of those shoppers who only wants help if I ask for it. Otherwise, I just feel like I'm being followed and nagged by the associates. I know they're just doing their jobs, so I don't ever get upset, it's just a personal preference of mine. Anyway, I replied with a smile (remember, I'm spreading cheer throughout grouchy CT), "Oh, no thanks, I'm just looking for a perfume. They quit making mine the way they used to and I can't find one I like." Mary, being a dutiful employee, asked me, "What kind of scent do you like?" I kindly explained my likes and dislikes, thinking that she would say "Good luck" and go back to her stocking and I could go back to my solo shopping, but wouldn't you know it, "VOILA!" Mary pulled TWO bottles of perfume off of the shelves that I LOVED! I could not believe it. Turns out she's the manager of the cosmetic/jewelry section and she told me she took it upon herself to be a perfume expert! YAY for me! She was so nice I actually stuck around and chatted with her, just for fun! She is officially the nicest random person in CT... EVER. I will continue to shop at her store and sometimes, when I'm feeling lonely, I will go in and chat with her. Why? Because she is BRILLS at what she does and I enjoy her sunny and respectful personality. Snaps to Mary! This is the perfume I bought. It's called Flirtatious!. I think it's perfect for a new bride-to-be, and it has such a cute bottle! Bonus! I can't wait for David to smell it! I hope he likes it :)

This is the other scent that Mary showed me that I loved. It's called Glamourazzi. Snazzy, no? Both are only available at Kohl's.

In other news, I got fingerprinted for my job today. Hilarious story... the police officer asked me for my demographic information and started putting it into the computer system. After about 4 minutes of clicking buttons, he started saying "Oh shoot, oh no, oh shoot, oh no" and started frantically clicking away at buttons to "undo" what he obviously did wrong. I thought nothing of it until he started asking me all my demographic information again. I looked at him with a puzzled look and he said, "Oh sorry, I had to start over. I was entering your prints in the booking system." THE BOOKING SYSTEM???!!! Um, yeah. Trying to get hired, not booked. Hahaha. And as a sidenote, it doesn't matter WHAT I'm in the police station for. I'm always nervous when I'm there. I would have been an awful criminal.

Currently, I'm at Panera scamming internet. Well, using internet for $1.79 (my tea was $1.79). Tonight, I'm meeting David to look at our favorite house again!

And just to add some suspense, SNEAK ATTACKS are not done! :) Hehehe.

HAPPY THREE MONTHS, ALEX! (Click here for pics.).

2 comments:

  1. you dont know me but i follow your sisters blog and now yours but you know my sister karen gattuccio..and i was just going to recommend a few scents to you since i am picky and my husband is very picky...here are a few of my faves...two are from bath and body works(one of my fave stores!) warm vanilla sugar, and fresh vanilla body spray ( you cant go wrong with vanilla its soothing and awsome but it also is an aphrodisiac ) and then the third is called BELLA from mary kay and its yummy smelling ..and im going to go to kohls to smell the two you bought ! i love reading about your new and exciting adventures and am genuinely happy for you and david!

    ReplyDelete