Monday, July 13, 2009

I Am A Sailor. Sort Of.

David and I went out to the Cape this weekend. We rolled in about Midnight on Friday, and his parents and sister had the house all decorated and gave us engagement gifts! It was so sweet! I even got a cookbook. And it only has like, a maximum of 5 ingredients per dish!! This is very good for me. I think my favorite gifts were the paprika and candy sprinkles... "Because everyone needs a little spice and a little fun in a marriage." Love it!!! I need a camera desperately so I can start posting pics of all the nice and thoughtful gifts family and friends have given to us. We are very blessed.

Saturday was kicked off with eggs benedict (not to be confused with Egg McMuffins (long story)), continued with a fun day of shopping with Sarah and ended with dinner at Aunt Pat and Uncle Paul's house. We went to bed at 10:30. Ahh. Bliss!

On Sunday, David and I stopped at the deli and then headed off to go sailing on Long Pond for a picnic. (Interesting side note: bodies of water at the Cape are called ponds not lakes. Being from the Great Lakes State, I think that's kinda weird.) While David was loading the boat for our picnic, he asked me to grab the sheet. I turned to where he was pointing, and both of these were available to me. Which would you have grabbed?


I bet you can guess which one I grabbed :)

He said picnic, did he not? Hahahaha. Oops!

Oh and I almost forgot, we went to my favorite place on the entire Cape. Click here for the delicious goodness. YUM!!

More house hunting tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Wait.. that rope looking thing is called a sheet? What a funny name for it. I would have def. grabbed the blanket.

    And.. lakes that are called ponds? Oh boy.. I'll bet they say soda, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, so much. I too would have grabed for the same sheet...

    ReplyDelete