Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday Night Musings

Pregnancy brain is like NOTHING I have ever experienced. I liken it to a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System. You know, when all those lines interrupt your television program and a loud, annoying, flat beeeeeeeeeeeeep sounds for about 60 seconds. Yes, pregnancy brain is very much like that.

So far, I have completely forgotten about a meeting, shredded a document I printed for a file, locked my keys in my car and lost my train of thought 50 bazillion times. Also, my lists have lists. Regardless of this "listing", on Thursday, I forgot to look at my list and subsequently forgot to get my blood drawn for my OB visit. Today, I wrote a list of things to do/get only to forget said list on the counter.

While driving home today, I had the ultimate "pregnancy brain" moment. I was on a very familiar road when all of a sudden, I didn't know where I was. I didn't know what State I was in, where I was going or what I was doing. I've never before experienced a "black out", but I would compare it to that except for the fact I was completely and utterly awake and conscious.

For the record, my brain used to be a walking calendar.

I love my Baby, but boy do I miss my brain.

3 comments:

  1. Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? That helped with my memory and forgetfulness. Also, it might not hurt to mention it to your OB. They are so comforting and will just let you know it's all totally normal. :) K now where is that bump pic?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is normal, and while it gets a little better after the baby is 3 months old (read, sleeping most of the night), it doesn't come all the way back. If your phone has a calendar and notes capability, try that. It's helping me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is that this isn't a permanent condition. :)

    ReplyDelete