Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello, My Name Is Holly

Twice this month I have placed a phone order for something. Twice this month I have heard, "Thanks, Holly." Usually my Midwestern vowels deter people from hearing things like "Holly" so I just don't get it. Perhaps I'm starting to say the /E/ in "Kelli" with a low, back vowel?? Apparently I say "college" and "hospital" this way. Boy, oh boy. The crazy thing is, it's not the first time in my life this has happened... I've heard "Holly" off and on since I was old enough to give my name over the phone (and, let's be honest, it has happened in person too). Maybe if we have a girl, we'll name her "Holly"! Ha!

Anyway, back to my pizza order. Let's just say since being pregnant, all my orders have been messed up (Side note: Ladies and gents, ALWAYS check your prescriptions. I don't leave until I do and have found 3 errors to date!). Anyway, here is the funniest phone order so far:

Pizza Guy: Hello?
Me: Hi, I'd like to order a large pizza.
Pizza Guy: Ok, great. Name on that?
Me: Kelli
Pizza Guy: Mmmhmmm (writing "Holly"). Phone number?
Me: 234-567-8901
Pizza Guy: Ok, Holly, that will be 25 minutes. Bye!
Me: (frantic) WAIT!!!!!! Sir! Don't you want to know what I want on my pizza?
Pizza Guy: I've got your order. It'll be ready in 25 minutes.
Me: But, I didn't tell you what I want on the pizza. Do you want my list of toppings?
Pizza Guy: (long pause). Cheese pizza, right?
Me: (laughing). Nooooo...

Funny, funny.

In other news, I'm getting tired of bacon. Think I wore myself right out of it. I am enjoying cheese nowadays.

I had something really, really good to post but I totally forgot the topic. To understand more about this phenomenon, please read HERE.

Instead, I will say that I am 19 weeks today and totally feeling the Baby! I've been feeling it since about 16 weeks, but I just wasn't really sure that's what I was feeling. Right now, I've got some little feet under my left ribs, kicking away! Both David and my Mom could feel it too, which was so awesome. Our ultrasound is Thursday, and we decided we are...








.... not finding out the gender. It was SUCH a hard call. We really want to know, since just BEING pregnant was a surprise, but I think we're going to try it this way the first time around. Maybe we'll change our mind down the road... IDK!!! :) Being a person who LOVES surprises, you'd think I'd be ok with not knowing, but some days it is SO HARD!!!  Especially when I see the adorable little boy overalls and darling pink fuzzy jammies. I know I am saving Poppi a lot of money though :)

I know Kelly mentioned she has a gut feeling... let's take a "gut feeling" poll at 19 weeks! What do you think the baby is? Boy or girl? I'll for SURE have a poll later on, but just now, for fun...

Love,
Holly

4 comments: