Monday, September 6, 2010

Hi, Mommy!

David and I were talking in the car before heading into 'Babies R Us'. It was September 4, and we hadn't had a good sit-down-hi-how-are-ya chat in a while. Our big topic at that moment was about all the joys and fears about having a baby. One of the things I was confessing (this blog is a place for honesty!) was that I feel completely awful when I forget that I'm pregnant and do stupid things, like lift a shopping cart out of the way, for instance. Now, I know I'm not a "bad mom" or "awful" or any of those things, but those moments make me feel less than awesome. I know it's completely normal to go about  life as usual at this point because I'm not ginormously pregnant yet, but I just don't like the feelings I feel when I "forget". We were talking about this and other hormone-induced thoughts and just then, and I am sure of it, I felt the Baby kick. Not kidding you. It was like God said, "Go ahead, my little Baby Turner, and give that Momma of yours a swift kick just to remind her that I am completely in control and you are safe and she is fine." I absolutely loved it! It was somewhere between 7:23 pm and 7:24 pm and WOWSA, it was awesome and amazing. I'm just hoping that Baby isn't a black belt like Daddy. I'm in some serious trouble if that happens.

Thanks, God, and Baby, for that moment!

1 comment:

  1. The kicks are the best part of being prego. Enjoy the "forgetting" because it won't last long.

    ReplyDelete