Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, David!

Even though his birthday was two days ago, we still wanted to bless him here!

Dear Daddy:


Happy Birthday! Can you believe you're a Daddy now? I bet some days you can and some days you can't! I am so excited to meet you in February and I love all the work you're doing to make me a place to come home to. You are the best Daddy a Baby Turner could ever have and I can't wait to tell you in person how much I love you.


I know you don't know if I'm a boy or a girl, but either way, you will always be my hero. Mommy tells me all the time how funny you are and how kind you are and how perfect your hugs are. I can't wait for you to hug me! I love how you talk to me and pray with me and tell me stories about Mommy, you and Jesus. Bedtime is my favorite time of day! (The other times, Mommy's just shakin' me up as she runs around school! Ha!). I know Mommy wonders if I'll have your blue eyes or your curly hair... you'll just have to wait and see! God picked me perfect, just for you, and I can't wait to hang out with you and take walks with you and ride bikes with you and play games with you. Mommy's a little nervous about the whole riding bikes thing, but I know we'll be cool. 


I'm sending you big hugs and kisses and in a few weeks, I'll send you a kick that you can feel too! That one will be just for you! I love you!
Love, Baby Valentine


PS- Mommy gave me a list of reasons she loves you... I could spend my lifetime writing them (and so far, that's only 17 weeks), so I'll just give you 10 of my favorites :) I'll call it "The way" list...


Mommy loves...
1. The way you make that face in the mirror when you're fixing your hair in the morning.
2. The way you know just how and when to laugh when she's getting too worked up.
3. The way you dance with her when she's least expecting it.
4. The way you know exactly what she's thinking.
5. The way you make her laugh.
6. The way you work so incredibly hard for your family (us!).
7. The way you love all of God's people and would do anything for them.
8. The way you'll go out of your way to serve us, even if it means going back to fix the take-out error at 10:00 at night or hugging us tightly when you have a million other things to do.
9. The way you always tell the truth and think so carefully about every word you say. She loves that you are never careless.
10. The way you love Jesus and the way you show that love to her. 


Happy Birthday!!!!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, David. You are one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am SO blessed - I have the best wife (and baby) ever!

    ReplyDelete