It is a place filled with all the best things in life... beautiful memories, the love of family and the love of our community of friends. As I looked around, I smiled with all that I found:
- Blankets woven and labored over in love by friends and family
- Toys from my childhood, and my mom's childhood
- A crib and changing table given to us by a Church family and filled with memories of their amazing boys
- A mattress and changing pad that we picked out for our son and had the best time opening and imagining who would be using them both
- Books thoughtfully selected by our friends and family
- Baskets overflowing with Baby gear that were purchased in love for our surprise CT shower
- A green and white bow and fat, happy green birds that were purchased in love for our MI shower
- Stuffed animals from friends and family that make us smile
- Diapers given to us by Baby friends that outgrew them
- ABC art prints that remind us of our blessings
- A rocker and ottoman that were voluntarily picked up and assembled while we were in the hospital so that our son would have a place to be nursed when he came home
- The perfect wall decal (coming soon...thank you, Aunt Kristi, for finding it)
- A play mat crafted with love by the most talented fingers I know
Each corner of our nursery is overflowing with the love of the ones we love with all our hearts. And right in the center of it is one perfect little boy who is so blessed to be surrounded by all the people who touch every place of his room. I couldn't have imagined a better place for him to grow. Thank you, Lord, for the lives you have given us and for all the love they give our son.
OH! That wall art is perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove the decal and love this post! I often have similar thoughts while sitting in the nursery with my little buddy. There are so many little things in there that make me happy and I know I will miss them when we end up doing a "big boy room." It all goes by so fast. Enjoy every moment!
ReplyDelete