Friday, March 4, 2011

Unexpected Happenings

I'll get to Part 3 of the Birth Story soon, but I just had to take a moment to compile this list before I forgot.

Turns out that having a Baby and having a C-Section resulted in a few things that I didn't think I'd ever have to do until I was much, much older. Like 80.

1. Wear mesh hospital-grade granny panties
2. Wear wing-less, mattress-style maxi pads (seriously, before this, I honestly didn't know why anyone would opt for wing-less)
3. Wear a bra with 4 hooks
4. Wear slippers to my son's doctor's appointment (my flip flops didn't even fit, I was so swollen)
5. Take stool softeners
6. Make a list of what meds I take and when 
7. Shower with assistance

6 comments:

  1. You forgot horrible incontinence, unless by the grace of God you have not had to endure that! lol I will say that #7 was one of the only times that B and I had alone time and it was so SO special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I remember that. Take heart, it's all temporary...well, except for the granny panties part (not mesh, though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do #1 and #2 even without a C-section.... I actually liked the mesh panties. It was huge but super comfy for me right after delivery... :D I knew the maxi pads were coming, so weren't too concerned about it. They actually gave me a newborn diaper with ice cubes inside to act as a cold pack, so the granny mesh panties were great to fitting all that in (along with my deflated belly...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never imagined how much it would hurt to try "going"... straining those muscles in the slightest was much more painful that I ever imagined, but knowing I had to do that to be cleared to leave the hospital was a pretty good motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! No one warns you about these things. I was so not prepared to have a nurse witness my first trip to the ladies room or to measure everything from every trip there also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kid you not. When posting my last comment I was asked to do one of those word verifications and the word was colace.

    ReplyDelete