Sunday, November 7, 2010

Moms (From a Dad's Perspective)

I went to bed early last night. I was exhausted, nauseated and beyond anything that is ever the normal human form of my myself. Before going to bed, my husband gave me a massage to ease my aching muscles and tucked me in with prayer and all sorts of sweet words. He then went downstairs to do all the dishes and prepare the house for the backsplash guy who is coming over today. After that, I'm sure he did other things I know nothing about (involving tools and manual labor and such :)) and then he came to check on me. When he crawled into bed, he said, "Honey, I wrote something tonight but it's too long to fit as my Facebook status. Can you help me share it with all the moms?" Of course I agreed!

I awoke to a clean house and to this beautiful message. I am beyond blessed by this man I love, and I am SO blessed to share this with all of you. I know he means every word.

OK, So Kelli and I just finshed a week of "Baby Classes" - everything from feeding/burping/diapers and BIRTH and I have to say, Moms are Amazing.  AMAZING.  Rather than the word "Mom" to represent moms, "they" (as in the greater all defining populous) should say "hero" or something more fitting to the role.  Imagine going over to a friend's house and Charlie says "Hey Hero, can you make me a PB&J?" Or rather, after seeing everything they go through, he should probably grovel at his knees just to request the pleasure of making one FOR his "hero".  Now I grew up with a Great Mom, stellar actually, a fact by which I am eternally blessed.  But through these classes it dawned on me that I meet these people all the time! People who do ALL THAT mom stuff.  AND my wife is one of them.  Seriously, you all may read this post and wonder what on earth is going on with that Dave guy,  But watch about a dozen birth videos of all types, learn about what happens to a mom and to a moms body - just to be able to be a mom and then think of all of the countless things they do after that incredible/grueling/awe-inspiring beginning and I can't imagine you or anyone looking at these daily "heros" the same way ever again.  Here's to you moms/heros, I am amazed by the "how" and "what" you do and have done since the first baby was conceived.  I humbly salute you, your courage and your love. 

- David

No comments:

Post a Comment