My parents' best friends, Mark and Teresa, got me my very first bear. It was a Gund Bear and they gave it to me when I was born. I, in my creative genius, decided somewhere along the line to name him "Bear Bear." Bear Bear has been everywhere with me: home, college, Miss Michigan, Miss America, my wedding. I remember my mom putting him away in my closet when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I took him down from the closet and took him out of his Ziploc bag the next time I got sick, which was just a few weeks after she put him away. His short shelf life was the longest he was away from me. Bear Bear is so old he has pantyhose sewn around him to keep in his stuffing and even the pantyhose can't contain him anymore. But he hasn't lost his love.
Now Baby has his/her own Bear Bear to love to nylon shreds!!! Teresa got Baby his/her very own Gund bear and gave it to us at our shower. Here is a picture of the Bear Bear legacy!

I love this so much! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your shower. I hope to send a gift when baby valentine arrives. I too still have my bear, also named Bear (or when I was 7 named Alexander T. Bear) and Noah loves him too. Sadly I recently had to remove him from Noah's bed because the stuffing is coming out of him too badly to be played with often. Noah does have his own well loved bear friend Maximus so the tradition continues.
ReplyDelete