Friday, December 4, 2009

Hi!

So other than being totally busy after returning from our honeymoon, we have also been SUPER sick, which means lots of medicine and lots of sleep. I think we're both starting to feel human again, thanks to the miracles of modern medicine and the miracles of God-given rest... which means a blog post for me!

The wedding was just PERFECT. It couldn't have gone any better if it was a movie, and we were so blessed by everyone who was there. Our only regret was that the day wasn't long enough to sit and have a good amount of time with each person, but I guess that's how they say weddings go! I'll have more pics soon, I hope! Thank you to EVERYONE who made it so incredible. I think we're going to be featured on the Horizons Center website and brochures, so we'll keep you posted on that!

On to our honeymoon...Poor David was so so sick and I was experiencing some post-wedding emotions (it's all over so fast!), but we had a wonderful time! Our wedding was Sunday, we flew home Monday, I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and after work on Wednesday, we went for a night to the Batcheller Mansion Inn in Saratoga Springs, NY, which was incredible. On Thursday (Thanksgiving Day), we headed further north to The Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid, NY. SIMPLY FABULOUS. The Whiteface spoiled us completely! It is a beautiful lodge with everything you can think of... bowling alley, movie theatre, four-star service, ice skating, hiking, spa, smores, nightly activities... totally amazing.

Upon arrival, we checked in, our car was whisked away and we were given a private tour! They delivered our Thanksgiving meal (with complimentary champagne) and then we went exploring around the facilities (think nestled in the Adirondack Mountains...so so cool). Friday was a lazy day with a couple's massage which was AWESOME (David was so cute in his little eye mask). When we returned to our room, it was SNOWING! Every tree was lit with Christmas lights, there were fireplaces galore! Oh my! Friday and Saturday we bummed around Lake Placid, which was SO fun, and we watched a local skating show and tried out skating for ourselves! Sunday was such a sad day... I cried on the way home because I didn't want it to be over. A few key points: we had some AMAZING food in town and David fell in love with the spa. We visited the spa every day, and I, for one, am sooooo happy to have a husband who loves a little pampering! Life is good :)

We are back in full swing of life, and though I LOVE the kids and people I work with, upon returning to CT, I have begged David every day to stay home. Hahaha. I think I just want to be a wife and finish our house and unpack our stuff and just take care of our live and process the wedding. BUT, the time will be made for that, I am sure.

In other news, I can hardly believe Christmas is around the corner. I simply adore Christmas and all that is Christmassy. I am going to force myself to breathe so I can actually appreciate this first Christmas with a HUSBAND! It's been far more hectic than I can explain but what a gift...and I intend to cherish every moment. We are going to Michigan this year, as it's my sister and brother's year for "rotation" and I can't wait to be home without having to rush our trip. David is awesome and is taking extra time off so we can enjoy all of it. Maybe I'll get him an adorable red Christmas sweater for all the festivities. He's sporting a goatee these days and I think it's a simply fabulous idea to pair that with a Christmas sweater.

1 comment:

  1. Kelli, congratulations to you and your hubby! I pray you guys have an amazing Christmas together to kick off your first year of marriage. You will make some precious memories and build an important foundation in 2010. Enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete