Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Water, Horses and Christmas

I invite you to enter the randomness of my brain at this late hour. I'm sorry it's so scattered, but I just had to say hi and I know Lauren needs new material to read.

1. Water: One of the funniest and loveliest things I have learned about my husband after 20-some days of marriage is that he puts water in everything. He is often very thirsty and it is necessary to have a supply of drinking water on-hand at all times. That means any container-like things (e.g., old cups, new cups, OJ containers, bottles) that are close by and clean get used for water-storing purposes. I think it is terribly funny and completely endearing. Plus, I'm happy because there's always something for me to drink! He, on the other hand, has learned that I MUST be reminded at all times that random cups and containers can be/are being used for drinking purposes. I have a view that empty containers are for trash and other yucky things. You can see the problems that might arise...

2. Horses: Ah, this rite of passage will have to wait for another day. I must use all my literary skills to produce an excellent narrative of this event. Yes, it has to do with horses, but that is not the main idea (as I tell my students).

3. Christmas: David and I decided to adopt a family instead of getting gifts for each other this year. Bless my husband's heart!!! He let me "up" our price range today, which made me a glowing girl! I just am in love with this family I've never met and I had the best time shopping for them with my increased budget. Six hours later, I think there will be some happy kids on Christmas morning and I am so glad we could take the burden off of their single mother. Please pray for them: two boys (10 and 5) and one girl (1). Pray that they have the best Christmas ever, and pray that it is because they know the true meaning of the holiday.

I have all their presents lined up and in piles per child and I'm so excited for David to see them! Our plan was to go shopping together, but sadly, David couldn't come with me as he was (and still is) at work. He has a big review that needs to be in by Midnight. Pray for him too! I'm headed to bed as soon as this posts and have decided that a dog is a good idea. Better protection on nights by myself. Although I'm not sure how much protection a shih-poo would be... :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Eep- have I been called out, or do you have another Lauren that stalks your blog? I confess, I have your blog bookmarked so I just clicky click to get all the scoop. My name is Lauren Talicska, and I am addicted to reading people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete