Time for some chatter! I've missed blogging!
First, today marks 18 days of marriage. I know it probably seems so minuscule compared to how long so many other people have been married, but I think we've grown as much in 18 days as we have in the whole year (plus a bit) we've known each other. It really is true that marriage is wonderful, but it's equally as true that it refines person. I think there were a few days we comically both wondered who invaded the person we married, but after a few tears and lots of laughter, all is well in Turnerville. We have settled in and are loving and embracing all the wonderful little things. Two stubborn people under one roof is a bit crazy at times, but as Ruth Bell Graham said, "Marriage is the union of two great forgivers." Amen, Ruth. We intend to prove that true!
So yesterday after a display of sleep-deprived attitude that I'm not especially proud of, I decided to be a emotionally normal wife and I bought some items to make our house festive for Christmas! For those of you who don't know, we're in home dem-- well, I've called it demolition before, but it's actually one step more advanced. We're living out of 2.75 rooms that are makeshift for now, but they are OURS and we have really grown to love this time together in our little space. Our beautiful fridge was delivered this week and yesterday, I bought a little tree for our room and some garland for the banister and a shovel for David and I THEN dug out the amazing Christmas items people got us for our wedding (absolutely everything is still in boxes still to avoid getting ruined in the house-fixing process). Voila! Our little 2.75 room space became a Christmas home, fully complete with our "Joy" Nativity scene from Karin. I'll have to post some pics if I can figure it out. By the way, I got my 3 ft. tree for $20 at BBB and I just giggle and smile every time I see it. I think it might be one of my favorite purchases ever. It is the most beautiful tree I have ever had. I will never, ever get rid of it. It marks our first Christmas with so little and yet SO much more than we deserve.
Yesterday was also a SNOW DAY! YAY! I prayed so so SO hard for it and I needed it desperately. I was teasing David that having a day off made me feel human again. On top of my Christmassing our home, I visited the DMV and officially became Mrs. Kelli Turner and my car officially became CT registered. It was so surreal sitting in the DMV. I was probably the only happy person there. I just kept thinking how much has happened in this last month and how I was living in CT with a HUSBAND and a HOUSE and I just kept smiling. I think that was the moment it felt real. There's just something about changing your name on your license and changing your car over to a new state. It makes it so very permanent.
Oh there's just so much to say! Those of you who know and appreciate my "Kelli-ness" know that I like to self-diagnose and do all things medical that licensed people should probably do instead. I know, I know. I get it from my mom and grandma. ANYWAY, I've discovered being married adds a whole new level to the insanity! Now when I feel nauseous for more than a day or I smell Skittles from across the movie theatre, I instantly wonder if I'm pregnant! Haha! We've had ourselves a good laugh over this and it's become quite the joke. Joey, I know you will have a field day with this new level of hypochondria. What can I say? You just have to love me for it.
I was also thinking today (somewhat randomly but somewhat not) that as you get older, the exciting life events seem to get further and further apart. Then I scolded myself for how silly of thinking that is! God has given us LIFE ABUNDANTLY, and I for one, am determined to celebrate and be joyous over every single small and large moment of life! I'll be the 89-year-old playing with play-doh in my paper party hat at 5-year-old birthday celebrations and I'll be loving it. I'll leave you with this: Don't live life for the big moments. Live big for all the moments in life. Not a bad way to spend your days, if I do say so myself.
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment