Yesterday (Sept 19) marked the one-year date that David and I were matched on eHarmony. We didn't really start chatting until Oct 4, but I still remember how it felt to see his profile for the first time. In some ways, it's hard to believe a year has gone by, and in some ways, I feel like I've known him forever. I guess that's what love is supposed to be!
Of course, he was perfectly sweet and romantic. He came over to hang out and do work for the afternoon and also took me on a bike ride*. When he got to the door, he had a beautiful rose in one hand (hidden behind his back), and an iced tea in the other hand! Does he know me or what!!!
He pointed out how special it was that one year from our "match date", we planned to assemble our wedding invitations. I love how God puts all that together.
Speaking of invitations, we had such a fun time! David and Megan came over at night to help us, and boy, were they troopers! We all cut ribbon, threaded ribbon, tied ribbon, numbered RSVP cards and assembled... (Meg and I left the envelope licking solely to the boys). 121 down, 119 to go! Thank you, David and Megan, for all your help, and for such a memorable night! We can't wait to return the favor for you :)
I can't wait to post pictures of our assembly line, but we want to surprise our families with what the invites look like so I'll have to wait. And just in case you're getting any ideas, David and Megan do NOT accept bribes :) Hahaha.
To top off a very memorable "anniversary", David looked at me at the end of the night and said, "Did you feel celebrated today?" I love my life! I love this wonderful man who always loves me well.
*Biking update:My bike ride resulted in no injuries. THANK GOODNESS. My bottom (or "sitter", as the Kindergarten teachers call it) has a tennis ball-sized bruise, my wrist is still pretty messed up and my elbow and ankle on are on the mend. But I have no additional injuries to report. Whew.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! What a wonderful way to celebrate your 'match day'! Love you!
ReplyDelete