I love the movies and David loves Sci-Fi, so seeing "Avatar" seemed to be a good option for us. David really wanted to see "Avatar" in 3-D, and normally I would jump at that sort of thing, but I have been experiencing some pretty intense dizziness lately and didn't think 3-D was such a good idea. I told him he could go see it in 3-D with his man-friends and I would see it sans 3-D with him, but he really wanted to wait until I was feeling better so we could see it in 3-D together. I've been feeling better over the past few days, so we decided to give it a go last night.
I'll be honest that I had pretty high expectations, but I never thought it would be as good as it was. I know others may disagree with me, but thinking about animating Pandora makes my head hurt. How do they do that? And I was totally drawn in by the plot. At one point, I didn't even realize David had his arms around me, I was so engrossed. I think I was mostly engrossed by the girl Avatar. My head and heart always want to be that fearless and adventurous and brave and strong, but my body just can't cooperate. It was thrilling. If I wasn't scared of heights and terrified of high speeds, I'd love to ride one of those birds. Alas, I can't even go 50 MPH on a Sea-Doo, so I guess I'll just have to get my thrills through 3-D animation.
I don't suggest taking kids to see this movie, as there is a lot of swearing and it's SCARY at some points (um, yikes Pandora creatures), but for us, it was a great date night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment