Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pretty

I have 2 reports and an IEP to write. But now, NOW is where I write about YOU.

Samuel Jeffrey. You are such a joy in our lives. You and all your words. You and your big boy strut. You and your kisses. You and your hugs. You and your trucks. You and your smiles that range from ear to ear.

You, our boy.

This week has been a hard week for me. Daddy and I are very deliberate about not letting you see things you can't and shouldn't need to understand. But I think you knew.

Because on Saturday, when I just felt all ugly and out of sorts, I came downstairs, you pressed your face close to mine, you smiled, and you said it:


PRETTY.

Tears of joy and shock (you've only imitated this word before) came over me almost instantly.

And then you led me through the house, picking up things and handing them to me, saying it:

PRETTY.

An old silver-and-white Hershey's Kiss wrapper. A truck. A favorite Memory Game piece.

These things in your life. These exciting, amazing treasures that you see.

You teach me to see beauty in even the ordinary. You remind me that we are blessed abundantly - that all we have is treasure from God Who loves us. That all we have is PRETTY when we are looking through God's lenses.

Thank you for not being ordinary.

You, our boy.

Extraordinary.


2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.



No comments:

Post a Comment