So I went to CVS on Saturday. Me with the week-worn yoga pants, complete with Baby applesauce stains and leftovers from a little one's runny nose pressed into my thigh. Me with the hat because I didn't have time for a shower. Me with the husband's oversized college hoodie because it was on the floor and available to me in my hurry.
That was me.
On my way back to the car, I walked through the plaza and passed a small Asian restaurant that we love to go to. It was 12:30 in the afternoon. The owner was dressed in a suit and tie, perfectly pressed, hair slicked back and glasses shined.
That was him.
I stopped and stared into the window of the restaurant with a smile slowly creeping up my face. There he was, smoothing out the pages of his appointment book, straightening his tie and carefully eyeing all the spaces of his restaurant. Slow, smooth, steady. Fancy.
And there I was, all disheveled and in a hurry.
We couldn't have been more opposite. And I loved it. I was glad he was fancy. I was glad that someone, somewhere, in the middle of an ordinary Saturday, was fancy.
And it got me to thinking... even though I'll most likely continue traipsing hurriedly around town in my yoga pant ensemble, there is always time for fancy. Fancy on the outside, and fancy on the inside -- treasures from Heaven that will adorn any heart and turn the ordinary into something extraordinary.
Isaiah 45:3
I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment