Friday, June 24, 2011

For the Love...

Only something totally epic could revive my blog on this particular morning when our family has a zillion things to do. Well, something totally epic, and I'm waiting for my loves to wake up.

Those of you who know me know that I do NOT mess around with my faith, my family, my friends, my ice cream, my chiropractic care and my mascara. Well, Ladies and Lash Lovers... get ready for a story.

I sell Mary Kay. I wear Mary Kay (and the occasional MAC product... seriously, they have good colors). I also have been a faithful Maybelline Mascara user for years. I mean, for-as-long-as-I-can-remember YEARS, and I'd unashamedly sing my love of their Mascara to just about anyone who would listen. Random (and not-so-random) people even used to ask me what kind I wore... it was just THAT good!

About two years ago, I noticed that it was becoming harder and harder to find the type I used. Fearing discontinuation of my beloved lash lengthener, I scooped up every container at every store that stocked it. I've been crying over rationing my last tube and sampling other totally wimpy mediocre products in between.

After spending some good cash on mascaras that promised goodness, as of this morning, I still hadn't found even one that came close. (Note: Layering two sometimes achieved desirable effects).

Then I opened this baby:



This, my friends, is Mary Kay's new Lash Love Mascara. I ordered it because the brush/applicator reminded me a little bit of my old mascara (the old applicator it was actually a comb!) and I rationalized the purchase by saying that I had to be able to recommend (or not) the product to my customers.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I seriously have Lash Love. I thought the name was a very fancy marketing tool, but they weren't messing around! I am so giddy now I can hardly stand it.

Comes in black and brown.

DISCLAIMER: I PROMISE this isn't some cheesy tool to get the 5 of you who read my blog to buy this! I'm just so over-the-moon thrilled with it that I just had to share!!! But hey, if you want it, you know where to get it! :) LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there dear - I'm a friend of your sister's and stumbled over here when I found out you were expecting :0) Congrats btw --- he is Ah-DOR-ah-ble!!

    I too have a love for my mascara ... like seriously ... I have about four different kinds from maybelline depending on how I'd like my lashes to wave that day. I know. Issues.

    But this is good to know -- I am an avid Mary Kay user as well, so this is good news! I'll make sure to put it on my list next time I reorder my TimeWise Fasewash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved Mary Kay mascara for quite a while, but it seemed like a few years ago they changed their offerings and it wasn't as smudge-proof as it had been. I'm in desperate search for a mascara now to love... thanks for the tip! (And how does it work to order something from a friend who is far, far away?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you at the wedding this weekend! It would have been so fun to hang out together. Glad to see you're back online and thanks for the tip. Never have found my mascara soul mate.

    ReplyDelete