Monday, October 3, 2011

October

Well, it's been 2.5 months since I've blogged. I'm sure the two of you who read this have been wondering what's been going on :) Let's see...

We're still working on the house, I'm back to work, Samuel is at Day Care, David's crazy busy with a zillion projects at work, I'm doing some speech-language evaluations on the side and also selling Mary Kay, and we're gearing up for our Church's Christmas Musical. David just had a birthday, mine is soon, Samuel's Halloween costume is in the mail (thanks, Aunt Kristi) and between now and when we were last together, I've done about 85,000 loads of laundry.

That about sums it up.

But my MAIN purpose for logging on today (other than Samuel is taking a rare nap) is that I want to write down a few things I just don't want to forget...

Dear Monkey,

When you were born, you would open up your teeny mouth just like a tiny bird when you wanted to nurse. When you were finished, you'd close your eyes, smile and wipe your mouth with a little fist. I loved it so much and didn't think anything else could ever be cuter. I was wrong. Around 3-4 months, you started yelling when you wanted to nurse and would flail your free arm until it about knocked you silly. You loved bonking your head with your thumb and I knew when that arm would drop that you were done. Around 5 months, you started putting your free hand in my mouth to be silly, or you would clap like crazy while you were eating. Now, when you're finished, you flop your head back and growl and say /s/ while you kick your legs wildly. You are such a fun little guy and I can't believe in a week you'll be 8 months.

You just started pointing. Today I looked back at you in your car seat and saw you waving around your right pointer finger like you were conducting a symphony. It was so funny. You talk and growl, but you love growling the very most. You wish you could crawl or walk, but so far, this is a little tricky. It's a good thing Daddy is around, cause I'd put you in a bubble. But he teaches you all those hard things and wrestles you around while he's doing it... and you LOVE it.

And we love YOU.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment