Saturday, August 21, 2010

For Lauren

My very good friend, and partner in blog-stalking, Lauren, reminded me today that I've been a serious slacker in blog posts. It is true. I am guilty. And because I haven't given her very good material to stalk over the summer, I decided to present her with a Top 10 List of things I'd love to do... a not-really-but-kind-of bucket list of sorts. Here they are, in random order:

1. Host a TV talk show. Not a trashy one either. Just a super fun, chatty show about randomness and life for girls. I honestly wouldn't even care if anyone watched it. I would just like a live audience (who I don't know and who has been paid to laugh at my jokes) and some writers. Scratch that, we'll write our own material. My sister and I could co-host, my brother and brother-in-law could do sports coverage, my sister-in-law could host a clip on education/children/crafts, my other sister-in-law could be in charge of event planning and hair/makeup/music and my husband could make guest appearances (especially during the tour de France) and produce the show and take care of all the legal stuff (he's a spreadsheet master, not kidding). My nephew, of course, would be featured in whatever random cuteness he is doing at the moment (cause he is the cutest EVER) and because this post is all about Lauren, it goes without saying that she would be in charge of fashion and fashion faux paus in the media. It's just a rough draft, but it's a good start, don't you think?

2. Go to the Atlantis Resort. I seriously fell in love with it after reading a book this summer. http://www.atlantis.com/. LOVE. Lauren, you may pick your swimsuit...
Bikinis for hourglass figures


3. Go to a Dude Ranch. I know, this is totally the opposite of #2, but I've ALWAYS wanted to go to one. David has said before that he wanted to be a farmer/cowboy, so I think it would a super fun trip and I'd love to sit out on the Ranch at sunset after a long cattle drive. My Dad would love it too. Call me crazy, but it's always sounded terrific. Lauren, what about these? Too flashy? I don't want to scare the cows.




4. Cut my hair (again). Ok, so after my first major cut in 2004, I decided I'd never do it again. Why, you ask? Well, to be honest, after a lifetime of long hair, I kind of felt like a boy with it short. But, the main factor was that it was EXTREMELY hard to keep up. Don't get me wrong, it was an ADORABLE cut (one of my favorite hairdressers did an amazing job) but it grew too fast and my hair is so fine and floppy that I needed to fix it a lot. Those of you who know me know I'm super lazy with my hair, so the "lots of fixing" was tricky. Plus the mullet grow-out was a little tragic. Nonetheless, I'd like to do it again, like, when I'm too old to look cute or stylish with long hair. Maybe something like these:



Hahahaha! Totally kidding on that last one! Speaking of Taylor, I always thought he was a nice guy on Idol. Just sayin. Lauren, what do you think? (Lauren has terrific hair). I don't think David will like the first one, so I found this nice compromise:


                  LOVE.

5. Have a cottage on Lake Michigan. I love Michigan. This is not a secret. And I would love if our kids could spend some of their growing up time there. My in-laws have a beautiful place on Cape Cod, so it feels redundant to wish the kids another place by the water, but Michigan has lots of memories for me. Actually, I think even renting different places around Michigan would be so much fun in the summer. Lauren, for this I will need to know your favorite vacation spot in Michigan so that I can post an update.

6. Write a book. This has been long-standing for me. I've started about 4 books, but never finished a one. This is the season of life (after the house is done) that I think I'll really get serious about it. I don't really care if any book(s) get published, but I know I have an obligation to finish at least one (that's between me and God). Lauren - this is a kind of ambiguously cute book cover, no? Maybe some snazzier shoes on the drawings? Yes, yes indeed. Those are kind of boring shoes.




7. Record an album. I've written 12 songs; some still need to be finished. I'd love to finish the few that need finishing and then find a cool band and record them. My friend, Becki, was awesome and gave me some studio time as a gift, so I had the amazing experience to record one of my songs, and I'd love to do the rest. I would wear this outfit to the recording studio, but would take off the boots cause we all know I can't really sing my best in footwear (I know, weird fact. It does make public singing a little more difficult for me). I loved singing in Lauren's wedding because I was up in the balcony with the organist and I got to take off my shoes and sing because no one could see me! It was simply perfect.




8. Have my nephews and nieces go on vacation with me. ALL OF THEM. Ok, so I only have one nephew right now and I'd take him in less than a heartbeat, but I assume I'll have a lot more someday and I'd so love to pile them all up and go on a crazy adventure!!!! We would be sure to go here (http://www.cityoflaurenssc.com/), as it is the CITY OF LAURENS!!! Doesn't it look super cute and charming?? South Carolina, here we come! (**Note: David just read this blog post and spent 10 minutes watching the Laurens videos on real estate and quality of life. LOL.).

9. Adopt a child (or two... or three). Adoption has always been huge on my heart. We shall see what God has for our family in that department, but I would LOVE to adopt a child (or two... or three) into our home and love them forever! Lauren, maybe Brian can fly us on our adoption journey! (Lauren's husband is a pilot. Oh, and an EXTREMELY talented photographer http://www.brianlantisphotography.com/).

10. Be married to David for forever. I LOVE being married to David, my very best friend, and unless the good Lord has other plans, I am going to LOVE loving him for the rest of my very long life. Lauren and I used to sit in the computer lab during grad school and pick out diamond rings for that "someday" proposal (yes, the others were actually doing work...hahaha!) and I'm so happy that God blessed both of us with our forever loves. Those were some good times in grad school. GOOD times. :)


Well, there you have it. A list of 10 things I'd like to do. All fairly attainable and hopefully fun to read.

ENJOY, my dear friend, Lauren!!!! And bring that family and adorable baby boy of yours to visit! But for your comfort, you might want to wait until we have floors...and a kitchen. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment