So much has happened! Three rooms are carpeted and painted; Kristi, Joey and Alex came to visit; I took 2 of 3 CT Teaching tests; David transferred to another building of the Hartford...
Let's chat about these things...
1). Three rooms are carpeted and painted. Can I get an AMEN!? THANK YOU to everyone who helped us finish. Two all-nighters cinched the deal and !viola! Living quarters! We are so happy with how the bedrooms turned out. They were a MAJOR project. Who knew closets used so much paint? Certainly not I! Ceilings were scraped, patched, sanded, and repainted. Every other surface was "liquid-wooded", spackled, sanded and painted. Tape was scraped for hours (parents: NEVER let your children loose with scotch tape). Paint was applied and applied and applied. Staples were pulled, surfaces were washed and carpets were installed. We are so happy!
2). Kristi, Joey and Alex came to visit. We all know without any further typing how happy this made me. We spent great fun in West Hartford, Rhode Island, Mystic Seaport, Avon, Farmington and Manchester. We ate Mystic Pizza and Indian Food and BBQ and Famous Cheeseburgers and FOOD FROM OUR KITCHEN (yes, Kristi cooked. Please, like I got any cooking genes!). We cuddled Alex and fed him whipped cream from a can and let him "ride" Uncle David's bike. He watched biking videos with Uncle David to "prepare him for when he's older" and he made us laugh until we cried. I just love them and miss them all so much! Soon we'll get to see my whole Michigan family! YAY!
3). I took 2 of 3 CT Teaching Tests. Despite the fact that I've already taken a BILLION tests to be certified, they are making me take more here. That's all I'll say about that. HOWEVER, it was sort of fun in a sick "I-like-tests" sort of way. But, after the tests, we got to hang out with our Turner family. We had so much fun browsing Direct Buy and eating turkey and watching MONK. Ahhh... what a great Saturday night.
4). David transferred to another building of the Hartford. Goodbye, Southington. Hello, Simsbury. So, let's just say here how awesome God is. We contemplated buying a house in Southington. Two weeks after deciding NOT to, we found out David was getting transferred. What a blessing!!!! He's so much closer to Farmington now. Today was his first day :)
There's more going on with my job and life but I'm not at liberty to say quite yet :) I'll keep you posted. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"liquid wooded"...really?!? You couldn't come up with a better and slightly more correct way of phrasing that? :) LOVE IT.
ReplyDelete1: You painted the closets? Ugh.
ReplyDelete2: I'm in MI till Easter Monday - call me!
3: It's totally sick what a different state does to you b/c you have a MI license - like we're not worthy or something?!
4: Praise God!
and the end: You're so mysterious!